Wednesday 10 June 2009

Krishnamurti


Krishnamurti begun the process 0f my awakening when I was given one of his books for my birthday.
His words pierced my heart and opened a flood of emotional energy that slowly changed my life. Hatha Yoga at the Sivananda nurtured that energy and helped it blossom to new heights. I recall the day when, during my TTC
(teacher training course) at the Sivananda Val Morin Ashram in Quebec, I saw, as a vision, what I would become in the years ahead. I would discontinue my photographic career to step onto the path of freedom by sharing my knowledge with others. That vision hit me so deeply that I retreated for 3 days and nights with no food and in silence. When I emerged from it, soon after, my back gave in and I had to take the final exams sitting on a mountain of cushions and against a wall. Pretty embarrassing for an aspiring Yoga Teacher ...

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling - I've been the limping yoga teacher for the last couple of months with a knee issue. Keep on blogging - I love hearing these stories from your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog. Do you know about these Yoga books?

    http://www.yogavidya.com/

    ReplyDelete