Monday 13 July 2009

Destination ...

It would be so convenient if I were a teacher proud of my teachings and ambitious enough to want them to be followed and forever remembered. One of my students, now an accomplished yoga teacher, was telling me how odd it felt to him when, asked who he had studied with, he had mentioned my name and what he got back was a smirky "Who?? ..."
My student was deeply affected by the realization that I could not be described to anyone in common words whether as a person or the content of my teachings. Any attempt he made sounded quite ordinary. He then said to me warmly :" You've got to get famous ... got to get out there." Well, what to do. He is too bright to have felt 'let down' by me but he did feel a gap, a kind of blank, in the experience.
... ... the fact is:
I am no teacher with a mission and therefore I have no teachings to claim. I am a student on the path to freedom who happens to share his journey with whoever has a longing, conscious or unconscious, for a similar destination. I do not need to be followed or even understood because I make no extraordinary claims. I share the inside story of a trip that 'needs' ultimate physical health, effortless flow of emotions and a crystal clarity of mind to reach the destination.
All one has to 'do' with me is holding my hand and ... then move on. :)

6 comments:

  1. better stop writing the book, building the website and developing the DVDs then! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry - I think someone has already written a book called 'The Long Walk to Freedom' - so no pressure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes guys, no pressure, no needs, no tomorrow.
    I am just doing what I am doing .... deep eh? :)
    I just love being with you my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful when you start to et the glimpse of the freedom that encompass in every moment if you commit to it. It's only now that i'm letting go, litle by little, of the worry or agenda of the past and the present. It's a long journey, but every day the feeling of having enrolled on to that journey, is getting stronger.

    ReplyDelete