Tuesday 21 July 2009

Portrait ...


Yesterday Lou Stanion took a picture of me which I like. She has a talent to catch a moment ...
Photographs have become a major element in our lives because of the incredible progress in technology.
Anyone can now express their visual views which, when uploaded to the net. become part of a global experience.
Think of Facebook (and similar) ... photos are vital there. When my job was to photograph people, mainly fashion, I used to give my subjects one or two big prints of portraits I had shot of them and suggest they could put them up somewhere on their walls, with no ceremonies, kind of blue-tacked. The point is to be exposed to different views of oneself, daily, and get therefore subconsciously used to a broader and possibly truer public image of oneself. Isn't it probable that one dislikes a portrait of oneself at first glance? One never recognizes oneself in it? So, try next time: look at it and learn.

1 comment:

  1. A very nice shot of you Fausto, looking good as they say, x

    ReplyDelete