Tuesday 5 May 2009

Feelings....


Feelings belong to Spirit, your Soul. They are not negotiable, they just are. I remember when I was never aware of them, not really knowing what to look for. It was so difficult for me to express them especially when I was being asked: what do you feel.... I used to search for them, within and in panic,  in a futile attempt to describe them. I could never find them and,  ending up  embarrassed, I learned how to avoid the questions. So I lived in limbo and in my head which was full of reasons and excuses and blame. I lived in a constant state of defense, reacting to every situation and without an obvious centre. Exactly... without a centre, a home to relate to, a home to feel.
The difference now is that by 'feeling' where I am I 'know' where that is and any 'situation' is happening 'out there' 
not 'in me' so I can deal with it objectively. My feelings are the reality in which I live; what happens in my life is an 'out there' , a something that happens to me and therefore I deal with it guided by my intelligence.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your story with such honesty, I, for certain, know that myself and so many others would agree with that perfect description of our human condition.

    ReplyDelete