Friday 8 May 2009

A mission...

My focus is to keep the essence of Yoga , the valid discipline to take us away from our suffering, here in an urban environment where is mostly needed. I feel it as a kind of mission as I am strong, resolved, talented and needing no escape routes to get away from the difficulties in the reality. The reality is that most people live in a state of numbness and not able to listen and discern what is good for them. Too much information, too many distractions. When I feel a little weaker, more vulnerable, I find it quite challenging too keep to my commitment.
Sometimes I struggle to hold back tears of frustration as I am faced with the indifference, selfishness, superficiality and greed in the very people I help to discover  new horizons.

3 comments:

  1. Yes Fausto I hear you. Keep your eyes open always. Forever challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This resonates with me too. Is it weak to be vulnerable? Can people only frustrate when they don't meet expectations? Why are people so unclear and ungracious? I sometimes feel I avoid real intimacy to avoid these upsets. I'm not so sure this isn't a bad idea. Ho Hum. So Hum. Happy Chanting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vulnerability is the way out of the Ego. It is a tough challenge for a man.

    ReplyDelete