Friday 1 May 2009

Nature ... and you.


I met a student/friend in the street yesterday whom I hadn't seen for a while. He told me he had moved to the country to be regenerated and be surrounded by nature. He had spent about 2 years at Innergy's Raja Yoga struggling  through the challenges  gradually emerging in his consciousness. I always liked his courage and openness in accepting  his ignorance of the spiritual dimensions of his life. With a glint in his eyes, he begun telling me how those 2 years os asanas and Raja combined had changed his life and brought him to sit on a hill, close to his new house, to watch a sunset that blew his mind. "That evening" he said " I realized, as a shock, that I had never 'seen' nature before in that manner: I never felt it. " I giggled, pleased to hear that statement  and nodding "Do you remember our Raja evenings" I said " when we investigated what feelings are and what they mean?" his face opened "do I remember...??" he smiled. " Nature is just there, inert, not beautiful nor ugly." I continued " The beauty is in your awareness and in your feelings you manifest it."  " Yesssss,...  that evening on the hill I wept for no reason at all, actually on second thought, I wept of joy. I felt alive." he exclaimed.
I left him after a while with a grin in his face and " I am soooo glad to have met you in my life"  statement in his heart. " I'll come back to Innergy soon."

3 comments:

  1. I will rejoice the day I get out of this or any big city, I know I am at my happiest and most at peace in nature and yet I have been here for many many years. I am not sure how I am going to get to my place of nature but I pray for its day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee,
    have nature inside you as you live in the city. When you get full of chlorophyll, your dream will happen.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - what a great blog entry... I spent so long squirming, like a child with ants in pants, thinking that somehow 'moving' would bring the solution. It is a challenge to stay but very satisfying. It is an amazing feeling of coming home when you realise that the pot of gold isn't under some other places or persons rainbow.. Nature is in the heart..
    I am sat on a huge estate in Jo'burg - surrounded by a polo field, home made biscuits and under floor heating. This room I am in is bigger than my whole flat in St Albans! Never was the difference between rich and poor so clear as we drove through Soweto, S-A's biggest township, to get here. The place I stay is called 'Tintswalo' at Waterfall. Tintswalo is Shangaan for 'the intangible feeling of love, gratitude and peace that you bestow upon someone who has given you a meaningful and worthy gift'. Sending you big Tintswalo's Fausto for reconnecting me and so many people to their feelings...
    (((Bullseye Lou)))

    ReplyDelete