Wednesday 13 May 2009

Truth....


The search for the Truth is very arduous and takes infinite determination. I find that the best path to get closer to It are my feelings. It is a constant balancing act between the actions that life forces me to take and the feelings that I have at any given time. Very often my feelings are overruled by my actions. When my actions are, in fact, reactions (unconscious) my feelings are repressed  and ignored. The only cure to remain in  balance is awareness. 
Knowing what I feel as I approach action will keep me on the wire ... just like in the picture.
If I don't feel, my actions are devoid of me and therefore are reactions. An empty disaster because karma is created in that state of ignorance. And I keep falling ... and I don't know why ... and I lose the confidence I need to remain in balance ... I don't feel so I am not there ....
My feelings are the only proof that I exist and the only chance to subdue my ego.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Fausto..I really like the words 'I don't feel so I am not there'.... This situation used to create in me a real sense of panic. It is such a scarey feeling as you grasp for something that is 'you' but nothing comes back. It's the 'Scooby Doo effect' - you know, when he is so frightened he jumps out of Shaggy's arms and starts running in the air, looking down and legs spinning !
    The feeling happens less often to me now and when it does, you are right, the only way back to balance is through the awareness that I can bring in.
    I like the image of life being such a fine balance because this is how I experience it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fine balance indeed...The key is what we mean by feelings. I remember discussing this at raja yoga. Feelings in the sense used by Fausto, I believe can only be the direct, pure, unfiltered sensations we "feel" in our body: the feel of the keyboard on my finger, of the seat on my back and legs, or of my breath inside me. Isn't anything else, including the feel of butterflies or nervousness in my stomach because of an impending action, just a conditioned reaction which has already been processed by the brain, in other words effectively an "emotion"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Markos I too would like clarification on the Fausto meaning of 'feeling'. I think it as you say and yet there are inner feelings of energy that arise from consciousness to propel us into action. In one sense 'feelings' are individual sensations and in another they are universal sensations expressed through the individual. At the same time they have the same root. Fausto?

    ReplyDelete